Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Lindsey Williams
Hi, my name is Lindsey Williams. I am 26 years old and was born and raised in a small town right outside of Dallas, Texas called Waxahachie, Texas. I played soccer for 17 years and came to Troy to continue my career. I graduated from Troy University in December of 2017 with an Elementary Education Degree. This will be my second year teaching and I'm very excited to be apart of the Troy Elementary family. I know we will have a great year and am very excited to get down to business.
We are writing a letter to give some ideas for how we can work together to make sure your child still has academic activities over the long break from school. While none of the work we send home is required or for a grade, it is highly encouraged so that your student does not fall behind. Our advice is to set aside at least an hour a day to focus on academics. Your child can split their time between math for thirty minutes and reading for thirty minutes. Below you will find a bulleted list of activities your child will have available to him/her.
- Math practice problems numbers 1-19
- Math pages in Investigations book (purple and orange) Unit 2 pages 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 15, 19A, 19B, 19C, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 36B
- IXL.com - 5th grade - AA, BB, DD, EE
- Practice math facts
- Read story, “Austin’s Amazing Bats” on page 324-336
- Workbook pages 385-394
- Study guide for “Austin’s Amazing Bats”
- Grammar/spelling worksheets
- If you have access, check google classroom. I will post fresh reads and discussion questions on google classroom.
- Look for quizizz.com links on google classroom
- Read AR or utilize Overdrive (look for letter in folder)
I want to reiterate that this work will not be required. These are only suggestions to keep your students active in their academics.
Ms. Williams & Mrs. Dunn
Join Remind for updates from Ms. Williams
**Due to the State of Emergency declared by Governor Kay Ivey, schools in Alabama will be closed starting March 19th through April 3rd. Schools could re-open on April 6th, depending on the situation at that time.**
Incase of any questions you may email me at email@example.com or message me on remind lw18tes
How to log onto Google Classroom: follow these directions or click the link and look through the power point!
1. Go to google.com
2. Make sure there is no one already logged into google.
3. Top Right corner click the blue sign in button
4. Students should know their usernames. @students.troyschools.net
5. Password is Troy and 4 numbers for example Troy1234
All Vocabulary can be found inside of the vocabulary journal.
All spelling words are on each spelling page from monday as well as an explanation about grammar.
Word Analysis is found on the back of the family times page at the bottom of the page.
Spelling test is Thursday every week!
Grammar & Reading Test is Friday!