Troy City Schools Vision Statement
"Trojans Committed to Success"
TES Mission Statement
The teachers and staff of Troy Elementary School work together to provide a quality educational program to meet the needs of every student in an atmosphere of high expectations. Our goal is to help all students develop into self-directed learners who are productive and responsible citizens prepared to adapt to a rapidly changing society.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- The educational process should provide equal access to all and should meet students' needs.
- All students can learn and be successful.
- A well-defined curriculum, which includes thinking, listening, and organizational skills, is important to the learning process.
- A safe, secure and physically comfortable environment promotes successful student learning.
- The school climate should help each child develop a respect and appreciation for self, others, community, and country.
- The development of self-discipline and reinforcement will enable each student to cope with immediate and future problems of living and working with others.
- Stakeholders' involvement is important to a school's success.
- Various types of assessments are necessary to guide instruction and to ensure that learning and growth are being accurately measured.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.