We are writing a letter to give some ideas for how we can work together to make sure your child still has academic activities over the long break from school. While none of the work we send home is required or for a grade, it is highly encouraged so that your student does not fall behind. Our advice is to set aside at least an hour a day to focus on academics. Your child can split their time between math for thirty minutes and reading for thirty minutes. Below you will find a bulleted list of activities your child will have available to him/her.
- Math practice problems numbers 1-19
- Math pages in Investigations book (purple and orange) Unit 2 pages 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 15, 19A, 19B, 19C, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 36B
- IXL.com - 5th grade - AA, BB, DD, EE
- Practice math facts
- Read story, “Austin’s Amazing Bats” on page 324-336
- Workbook pages 385-394
- Study guide for “Austin’s Amazing Bats”
- Grammar/spelling worksheets
- If you have access, check google classroom. I will post fresh reads and discussion questions on google classroom.
- Look for quizizz.com links on google classroom
- Read AR or utilize Overdrive (look for letter in folder)
I want to reiterate that this work will not be required. These are only suggestions to keep your students active in their academics.
Mrs. Henderson and Mr. Reiss
Join Remind for updates from Mrs. Henderson
Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Jade Henderson, and I am originally from Birmingham, AL. I am married to Jeremy and have two sweet children, Banks and Lennon. I graduated from Troy University in 2011 with my bachelors in Elementary Education. A few years after teaching I was given the opportunity to go back to graduate school at UAB. I received my masters in Second Language Acquisition in 2016. I am going into my eighth year as an educator and love what I do!
Teaching is something I am extremely passionate about! I love my students and tell them quite often "once my student, always my student!" I enjoy watching them grow and change from year to year! I look forward to our year together!