Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Amy Smith. I am a graduate of Charles Henderson High School. After graduating from The Troy City School System I attended Auburn Univeristy where I received my degree in Elementary Education. After graduating from Auburn I moved to Georgia where I taught first grade for two years. After teaching first grade for two years my husband and I decided to move back to our hometown of Troy, Alabama where I was hired to teach Kindergarten at Troy Elementary School. Once moving back home I attened Troy University where I recieved a Master's degree in Elementary Education. I am currently in my 18th year of teaching.
TROY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS:
We will be distributing our Take Home Packets on Monday, April 6th and Wednesday, April 8 from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at Troy Elementary School. These packets are part of our Distance Learning Plan required by the Alabama State Department of Education in response to the statewide school closure. Please note the following details and instructions:
- The Grab and Go Lunch times will change to coincide with packet distribution. Lunches will be available from 9:00-2:00 on Monday, April 6 and Wednesday, April 8. PLEASE PICK UP LUNCH FIRST THEN RE-ENTER CAMPUS AND PROCEED TO THE DESIGNATED PICK UP AREAS FOR PACKETS.
- PreK - 2nd gr. pickup area behind gym, 3rd-6th gr. at side pickup area.
- Please remember to bring ALL TEXTBOOKS AND LIBRARY BOOKS when you come to pick up packets. There will be bins set up to receive all books. Students will not need textbooks to complete learning packets or participate in online programs.
- Teachers will begin contacting families the week of April 6 by phone as well as other communication tools such as Dojo, Remind, and teacher webpages.
- Website information- www.troyschools.net - click on Troy Elementary School. You can also like us on Facebook and Twitter.
“Trojans Committed to Success”