The daily quest of Charles Henderson Middle School is to provide a safe and motivating environment that will facilitate the maximum learning potential of all students to become responsible citizens in our global and ever changing society.
· Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
· All students should have the opportunity to learn.
· Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
· Students learn best when they are actively engaged in learning process.
· Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
· A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
· Cultural diversity can increase students understanding of different peoples and cultures.
· Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for the advancing the school’s mission.
· The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become responsible citizens in our global and ever changing society.
About The School
Charles Henderson Middle School
The school colors are orange and blue.
The school mascot is Trojan warrior.
Charles Henderson Middle School is a middle school that serves grades seven and eight. The school is located in Troy, Alabama. Currently, Charles Henderson Middle School houses approximately 350 students. There are close to 40 faculty and staff members that are employed at the school. Out of these members, the school has one principal, one assistant principal, one school counselor, one media specialist, a school secretary, and a bookkeeper.
Charles Henderson Middle School offers extracurricular activities for its students. These activities include football, boys' and girls' basketball cheerleading, tennis, soccer, track, cross country, and archery.
Charles Henderson Middle School strives to produce students ready to matriculate to Charles Henderson High School as ninth graders.