WELCOME TO CHARLES HENDERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL
CHMS News and Announcements
Dear CHMS Family, July 9, 2020
I hope that our Charles Henderson Middle School families are doing well. Our devoted faculty and staff are working diligently and making preparations to begin the 2020-2021 school year. The safety and well-being of our students and staff is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CHMS will adhere to the Troy City Schools Educators’ Guide for reopening schools.
The Troy City Schools Reopening Plan includes instructional options for CHMS students.
- Traditional: face-to-face instruction, daily attendance
- Blended: face-to-face and online instruction, classrooms transition to online if there is an increase of cases or concern for the potential surge of COVID-19.
- Virtual: Troy City Schools Remote Learning (K-8) is the online option for students who choose to not return to the classroom for this school year.
Our staff is committed to making every effort to ensure the safety, academic success, and emotional well-being of our students. Parents and supporting family members are crucial partners in this effort. We will need your support more than ever. The information listed below will help you begin planning for our year.
- Students will go immediately to their classroom where they will be screened using a touchless thermometer. More information regarding drop off and pick up times and procedures will be released soon. Health protocols will be observed regarding students with an elevated temperature.
- Classes will be set up in the safest manner possible to lessen contact. Students will transition only when necessary.
- Desks will be sanitized twice daily and in between any group change. Our custodial staff will clean and sanitize high touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Sharing of classroom items and supplies will be limited. Students are encouraged to label all personal supplies.
- Students are encouraged but not required to wear masks in classrooms. Parents will be given notice if special circumstances or certain activities require a mask. Students will be given at least one reusable mask that should be with them on campus at all times. Masks brought from home are acceptable.
- CHMS will provide breakfast and lunch according to the Troy City Schools CNP guidelines.
- Students are encouraged to bring a personal water bottle for the day as water fountains will be disabled.
- We will continuously update our information via social media, classroom communication, and our website - www.troyschools.net - click on Charles Henderson Middle School.
The first day of school will look different when school reopens on August 20, 2020. However, I am confident our CHMS students will be resilient and excel academically, physically, and socially during their middle school year.
Thank you for your continued support as our faculty, staff, students, parents, and community members intentionally work together to navigate resources and best practices to educate our school community.
Aaron Brown III