Degrees and Certifications:
Hi! I'm Casey Moore, and I am very excited to be in my tenth year of teaching English Language Arts. If you're interested in boring things like credentials, here they are:
- I have a B.S. in English Literature and a M.Ed. in English Education both from Troy University.
- I am the certified educator for two AP English courses: AP Language and AP Literature.
- I received a Certificate of Excellence on the Praxis II Exam in English, Language, and Composition.
- I currently serve as the department chair for the CHHS English Department.
- I'm a member of the Pike County Chamber of Commerce Education Committee, the CHHS Leadership Committee, the CHHS Technology Committee, the CHHS ACT Improvement Committee, the National Council for Teachers of English, and the Alabama ACT State Organization.
- I facilitate the campus RTI program.
- I am a Google Certified Educator Level II and a Flipgrid Certified Educator and Ambassador.
- I have served on two AdvancEd/SAC Review Teams.
- I host the CHHS Reads Professional Book Club.
- I have and continue to present professional development opportunities for other teachers on topics including: ALEX Training, Lesson Planning with Purpose, Teaching CCRS, Formative Assessments, Reality Pedagogy, Student Engagement, Youtube, and book studies of varied topics.