Charles Henderson High School's primary focus is excellence in education. The school's responsibility is to provide the students with a variety of learning experiences within a safe environment, which will enable them to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, and ethically in a rapidly changing technological world. All students should have the opportunity to achieve their greatest potential through a curriculum that meets their needs and fosters self-discipline, responsibility, mutual respect, accountability, and trust.
CHHS SCHOOL VISION
Our school vision is to attain high levels of academic achievement to ensure that all stakeholders embrace high expectations for success among all CHHS students. It is the goal of Charles Henderson High School to be the state standard bearer by offering a quality education for all students and leading all schools into a new era of innovative initiatives to stimulate academic growth and achievement.
The mission of the Charles Henderson High School family is to provide an optimal educational environment that is both safe and conducive to higher learning. We will foster a climate that encourages all to exhibit the core values, beliefs, and character that promote academic excellence. Our focus on a climate and environment that stimulates academic excellence will also be enhanced by our commitment to implementing programs and instructional support initiatives that allow all students to thrive at our school.
- Student learning is the primary focus for our school, and students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students learn best when the school administrators, faculty, staff, parents, community, and students share not only high expectations and a common vision for performance, but also a shared responsibility for actions to help reach our high expectations and goals.
- Student learning is best achieved in a safe and physically comfortable environment in which all students have an equal opportunity to learn in an atmosphere where they can find success, acceptance, and encouragement.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Curricula should incorporate a variety of learning activities and instructional approaches to accommodate differences in student learning. These activities and approaches should meet the needs and nurture the talents of all students by including Advanced Placement, technology, foreign language, career technical, fine arts, and collaborative courses.
- Motivation to learn is influenced by a student's emotional state, beliefs, interest goals, and thinking habits.
- A successful student learns, creates, and uses a variety of opportunities to demonstrate student achievement.
- Assessments of student learning should offer a variety of opportunities to demonstrate student achievement.
- Students' performances are enhanced when they are encouraged to accept responsibility for their actions through accountability, self-discipline, and self-reliance. This can be achieved through promoting mutual respect among students and staff, practicing responsible citizenship, recognizing equal rights, respecting personal and private property, advancing good character and integrity, developing communication skills, improving problem-solving abilities, and enhancing decision-making capabilities.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative for our students to become responsible citizens in our global and ever changing society.