TOPS FOR MALES AND FEMALES
- Solid White, Navy Blue, Gray (Charcoal) or Orange oxford, polo, turtleneck, or mock turtleneck shirts/blouses with sleeves (long sleeves or short sleeves)
- A small unobtrusive logo that can be covered with a quarter is acceptable for tops only.
- All tops must be tucked in as part of the uniform for male students. Female students must tuck tops that pass the pockets of the bottoms. Otherwise, tops for female students are not required to be tucked to comply with dress code. (Preferred for K, 1, and 2, but optional) - Undershirts must be solid white, navy, gray (charcoal), or orange with no wording or pictures.
- School-sponsored spirit-shirts and/or pull-overs with school logo (ANY SOLID AND SUBTLE COLOR) will be allowed. School logo shirts promoting school pride and spirit will be embraced by all.
- Khaki, Navy Blue, Gray (Charcoal) or White (Chino material) pants or shorts (corduroy fabric permitted). No orange permitted.
- Shorts must be no more than three (3) inches above the knee (or the width of a standard index card) in the front and back. Index cards will only be used for parent/administrator verification of appropriate lengths. Width of index cards will NOT be used as a classroom dress-code check.
- Khaki, Navy Blue, Gray (Charcoal), and White (Chino material) pants, shorts, skorts, capris, skirts, or jumpers (corduroy fabric permitted). No Orange permitted.
- Shorts, skorts, skirts, and jumpers must be no more than three (3) inches above the knee (or the width of a standard index card) in the front and back. Index cards will only be used for parent/administrator verification of appropriate lengths. Width of index cards will NOT be used as a classroom dress-code check.
- Blouses or shirts must be worn with jumpers.
- All pants, shorts, skorts, and capris must be secured at the waist and cannot “sag.”
- If bottoms are too loose, belts must be worn to keep bottoms at the waist.
- Khaki, Navy Blue, Gray (Charcoal), and White (Chino material) collard dresses are allowed as long as the length is acceptable and is not low-cut and/or sleeveless. Tights are acceptable when worn under dresses or skirts.
- Tights/stockings cannot be lace or fish-net design.
- Team warm-up suits will be approved only by administration.
- Tennis shoes (sneakers) and fully enclosed shoes (loafers, boat shoes, oxfords, etc.)
- Specific open-toed shoes with heel straps and appropriate soles will be permitted. “Chacotype” are the only open-toed shoes allowed as part of the uniform.
- The style of shoes must be sensible and appropriate for the school setting and activities. - All laces must be tied and the same color.
- Socks and hosiery (to include tights) must be of the colors that do not bring distraction to the education process.
- If bottoms are too loose, belts must be worn to keep bottoms at the waist. Any belt can be worn to meet the requirement. Belts must have a buckle. However, the administration reserves the right to deem certain belts distracting to the educational process.
- Coats, jackets, sweaters, sweater vests, and sweatshirts are considered as outerwear and must be worn with a uniform shirt/blouse. Basic, solid colored jackets are preferred. Sweater vests must be white, navy, gray (charcoal), or orange (pullover or cardigan style) with no belt or hood attached. Sweatshirts must be white, navy, gray (charcoal), or orange with the collar of the top on the outside. Sweaters, sweater vests, and sweatshirts must not be oversized (bulky or baggy). Outerwear of school-sponsored organizations (athletic jackets, band jackets, FFA) is acceptable.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED TO BE WORN BY STUDENTS
- Stretch/skinny/jegging pants worn as uniform pants, denim pants/blue jeans *blue jean days will be announced for students by administration, holes in jeans or frays/patches, jogging pants, sweatpants or sweat suits, sheer shirts, blouses, bottoms, dresses, bandanas, facial piercing except ear piercing, low cut/v-neck shirts/blouses without undershirts, flip-flops/sandals/slides/bedroom slippers, shower shoes (*specific open-toed shoes with heel straps and appropriate soles [chaco-like] will be permitted), wind pants/velour pants and tops, oversized clothing, excessively tight clothing, overalls, bell bottoms, unhemmed clothing with cuts/slits, holes or slashes, sleeveless tops, non-spirit hooded sweatshirts, overcoats, trench coats, bicycle-shorts, or carpenter pants, excessive, distracting and/or oversized jewelry.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE STUDENT UNIFORM DRESS CODE
*Upon approval of school administration*
If students do not participate in the activity listed, the approved school uniform dress will be required.
- Spring Picture Day: Specified non-uniform/uniform bottoms (all schools)
- Week of CHHS Homecoming Activities (Theme Dress-Up Days)
- Homecoming Assembly
- Senior Class Day
- Eighth Grade Recognition Day
- Elementary Grades Recognition Day
- JROTC Uniform Dress Days
- Days for Kindergarten Unit on Colors (Kindergarten students will be allowed to wear tops the color being taught that day
- Fifth Grade Chorus and Orff Ensemble will be allowed to wear the “top selected” on performance days
Exceptions to the student uniform dress code may be approved any day by the administration at the local school. Spirit shirts or hooded sweatshirts must be Troy City Schools affiliated.